The Bio-Pen is also the first and only identity verification and signature authentication tool to be integrated with Laserfiche for document approval within your records workflow. No need to print, sign and re-scan documents to capture a signature. No special paper or printing required. You can even sign documents while offline—no need to be tethered to a network or the Internet. Freedom. Freedom that’s possible only with the patented DynaSig Bio-Pen.
The Bio-Pen is a security hardware token which, during the act of signing, verifies the user’s identity, presence, intent and capacity, while simultaneously authenticating the user’s genuine signature. Insert one or more signatures in any .pdf or Laserfiche document, or, group any set of files in a Bio-Pen Lock Box for the ultimate in privacy protection, secure signature routing, and version control.
The Bio-Pen has the following advantages when compared to other biometric identification options:
- Multiple behavioral and dimensional characteristics sensed during the genuine act of signing are used to create a multi-faceted biometric identifier that is truly unique to each individual.
- It is a natural model, well accepted and easy to implement in an organization, and requires no learning curve or “social” engineering.
- It cannot be intercepted or copied the way fingerprints or other physical biometrics can.
- The Bio-Pen can also act as a physical “token” which not only generates a unique password at each signature verifying authority, presence and cooperation, but also has the additional security option of allowing the further uniqueness that the signature has been made by a signer’s assigned pen.
Imagine the possibilities for your LF clients—take healthcare and pharmaceuticals, for example:
- Doctors who sign prescriptions, patient charts or medical procedure orders
- Medical staff who check-out/check-in health records
- Nurses who must verify a patient has been given proper dosages
- Controlled lock-box access to “hard” drugs
- Patient/doctor confidentiality where only the doctors who are specifically authorized by the patient can be given access to critical documents
- Government officials who sign public meeting agendas or other documents
- Celebrity athletes who autograph memorabilia—validate their signature during the act of signing
- Confirm the presence and identity of students who are attending distance learning programs—eliminate the need for a proctor service
- The Bio-Pen completely satisfies the Academic Integrity compliance requirement of the new Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HR4137, passed in August 2008) for online education or distance learning programs that mandates institutions of higher learning to have a process in place whereby they can prove that the student who enrolled for a course is the same person who is attending the courses, submitting the work, taking the tests, receiving the credits, and ultimately graduating.
Prices start at $260 for a single-user Professional pen to $495 for a multi-user Enterprise pen. Please contact us
Note to Laserfiche VARs:
Resale programs are available. Contact us
for VAR pricing.
Arcware Solutions is an Authorized Laserfiche Value-Added Reseller and Integrator, we implement simple and elegant document management solutions that help organizations run smarter. Our goal is to help you achieve your goals while advising you on best practices for workflow management, records retention, and regulatory compliance.
The products and services listed on the Laserfiche Marketplace were not developed by Laserfiche. The recommendations and opinions expressed on the Laserfiche Marketplace are those of the person or persons posting the recommendations only, and they do not necessarily represent Laserfiche's opinion or recommendation of the product or service being reviewed. Laserfiche disclaims all liability resulting from your purchase or use of any non-Laserfiche software product or service listed on the site.