Back in August, we shared the Top 5 Secrets of the Top Digital Counties with you. Now, it’s time for the top digital cities to bask in the limelight. In November, the Center for Digital Government awarded 40 cities across the United States the honor of being a Top Digital City for 2012. We would like to take this opportunity to extend a special congratulations to 17 of the Top Digital Cities who also happen to use Laserfiche! But how do they do it? What are the secrets to becoming a Top Digital City? Kimberly Samuelson (@ecmchick), Director of Government Marketing, joins us again to share the Top 5 Secrets of the Top Digital Cities:
Do you want to follow in the steps of these award-winning cities? We can help. Earlier this year, the Center for Digital Government co-wrote a white paper with us discussing how many top Cities are using an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system to improve how they provide services. The white paper, The New Information Democracy is available for free. There are no forms, just click and download the pdf. So what are you waiting for? Take the next step to becoming a city of tomorrow, today!
We are delighted to announce the ten winners of last week’s Twitter contest—all of whom have won a free ticket to attend our Empower 2013 Conference on January 7-9!
There were a lot of great tweets, but here are the ten that took the prize:
Laserfiche’s Empower 2013 Conference is coming up fast (January 7-9), and we want you to be there. That’s why we’re giving away 10 free conference tickets between November 12 and November 16!
All you have to do is:
1. Follow Laserfiche (@Laserfiche) on Twitter.
2. Tweet why you’re excited about Empower 2013.
3. Use the dedicated event hashtag, #empower13.
Maybe you’re excited to attend one of our 150 classes on topics like backup & recovery, business process reporting and Laserfiche 9.
Maybe you’re waiting with bated breath for the Run Smarter Award winners to be announced.
Or maybe you just can’t wait to put on your bellbottoms and bust out your dance moves when Nathan Owens and his 10-piece band play your favorite Motown classics at Monday night’s special event!
Whatever your reason for being excited about Empower 2013, you can’t win if you don’t tweet, so get cracking!
The 10 winners will be announced on Twitter and in a blog post next Monday, November 19. (We’ll also e-mail you or DM you on Twitter if you win.) If you are not one of the lucky winners, register by the end of the day next Wednesday, November 21, to save $300 on your registration.
Each conference ticket (registration) includes:
• Access to all conference sessions.
• Conference materials.
• Admission to all conference-sponsored meals and networking activities, including transportation to Monday night’s Special Event.
Travel expenses, hotel accommodation and miscellaneous expenses are not included.
Laserfiche resellers are welcome to participate but will not be eligible to win the contest.
Its only September, but plans for next years Empower conference (aptly named Empower 2013) are well under way. We are busy preparing the venue and rolling out the orange carpet because if last years conference was anything to go by, we are expecting an even greater number of attendees from all around the world!
Personally, I’m excited about spending my Christmas vacation in sunny Southern California, but don’t let the weather alone convince you to make the trip out to Anaheim, CA. Here are the Top 10 Reasons to Attend Empower 2013…
1. Impress your boss and colleagues. Go back to the office with proven techniques to make it easier for everyone in your company to share information, automate business processes and be more productive than ever.
2. Gain direct experience with new Laserfiche products. Lab sessions provide personalized, hands-on instruction with new products that will help you all year long.
3. Network with the entire Laserfiche community. From connecting with users around the globe to learning about Laserfiche technology from the developers who wrote the code, you’ll gain new insights—and new friends.
4. Learn about complementary products and services. Meet with our solutions and hardware partners to find the tools and technologies that will complement your Laserfiche system.
5. Get real-world solutions to your real-world problems. Hear case studies about how forward-thinking organizations are using Laserfiche to generate impressive ROI.
6. Visit the happiest place on earth. With Disneyland just around the corner, your family will be begging you to attend Empower 2013… and bring them with you!
7. Learn, learn, learn! There are more hands-on training labs, product overviews and comprehensive classes on hot topics like Laserfiche security, Workflow optimization and records management than ever.
8. Rub elbows with Run Smarter Award winners. Learn from your most successful peers by introducing yourself during Empower 2013!
9. Talk to the experts. Spend one-on-one time with Laserfiche software developers, testers and presales engineers in the Information Center. All questions welcome. No appointments needed.
10. Three days in Southern California. In January. For “work.”
Don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity! Register today for Empower 2013.
In July, the Center for Digital Government released the results of its 10th annual digital counties survey. Not surprisingly, the survey revealed that county governments are focused on using technology to cut costs and improve service delivery. One key strategy for achieving these goals is implementing shared services.
Buyers Lab Report - Laserfiche 8.1 A recent Buyers Laboratory Inc. (BLI) report has given the Laserfiche 8.1 software suite the highest possible Five-Star rating
Disciplined Autonomy The Economist Intelligence Unit surveyed executives to discover how organizations manage the tension between the autonomy required by professionals and the control required to run an efficient business
Vendor Landscape: Enterprise Content Management for Process Workers Info-Tech evaluated eleven competitors in the ECM for Process Workers market, including Laserfiche