By accessing or using the Site or our Services, you agree to be bound by this Policy and are accepting and consenting to the collection, use, disclosure, and other handling of your information as described below. If you are entering into the terms of this Policy on behalf of a company, organization or another legal entity (an “Entity“), you are agreeing to this Policy for that Entity and representing to Laserfiche that you have the authority to bind such Entity and its affiliates to this Policy, in which case the terms “you” or related terms herein shall refer to such Entity and its affiliates. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with this Policy, you must not accept these terms and may not use the Site or Service.
1. Information We Collect
When you visit or use the Site and/or Services, we collect and retain information that you, as a customer or potential customer, provide through the Site or Services, as well as information that is automatically or passively collected from you, your device or your browser
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, when you manage your user profile, participate in interactive features (such as the Contact page), request newsletters or other marketing communications, request customer support, provide other information in connection with a job opening, enter login information, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect includes:
- Contact and profile information, including your name, email address, company information, postal address (including zip code), and telephone number;
- Account and log-in information, including your username, password, login details, transaction details;
- Credit card information and transaction details (if applicable);
- Communications to us, for example, reporting a problem or submitting queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; and
- Any other content or information you choose to provide, including photos you may upload.
If you post information on the Site, including on a bulletin board, or in a chat room or community forum, it becomes generally available to the public. Laserfiche does not control or limit the use by visitors of the Site. By posting information on the Site, you are agreeing that Laserfiche may use the information in connection with its business. Therefore, you should not post any information you consider private or sensitive.
Information We May Collect
- Information about your visits to the Site and use of the Services, the resources you access, any data you download, and information related to the ways in which you interact with the Site or the Services;
- IP addresses, including the general information in such address, such as city, state and zip code, unique device identifiers, other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, and browser language;
- Referral pages and links, URLs, number of clicks, pages viewed, how long you’re on a page, your search queries and results; and
- Information about your device, computer and/or browser you use, as well as the device’s operating system, such as device hardware model, operating system version, or mobile network information.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may obtain information from other authorized sources that combine with information collected through the Site. For example, if you log into a social media website through our Site, we may have access to certain information from that website, in accordance with the authorization procedures of that social media site.
2. How Laserfiche Uses the Information We Collect
Laserfiche collects and uses the information you provide in connection with our Site and Services to:
- Keep you informed regarding Laserfiche and our software and services;
- Notify you about product updates and special offers or promotions;
- Help Laserfiche enhance products and services;
- Contact you for market research and to survey your satisfaction with Laserfiche software and services;
- Encourage you to participate in our user groups and invite you to events that may be of interest, including trainings, webinars, and conferences;
- Improve our Site; and
- Analyze information for trends and statistics, which may entail providing this information to an agent acting on Laserfiche’s behalf to assist in data analytics.
If you supply Laserfiche with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you supply us with your telephone number online, you may receive telephone calls from us with information regarding orders and/or requests you have placed online – such as a software demonstration request or general business inquiry.
If you supply Laserfiche with your email address, you may receive email messages from us for marketing purposes such as providing information on new products and services or upcoming events. We may track when you open our e-mail messages or click on the links contained within them.
We will occasionally hire other companies or contract with third-party consultants to provide limited services on our behalf. Laserfiche will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver services, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may share your information with approved third parties for marketing purposes; this may include our authorized resellers, user group training partners, and cloud solution providers. We may also share your information with third parties who provide services to assist us with our business activities. Only authorized third-party Ad Server companies are able to track your cookies on the Site.
We reserve the right to share your information to respond to duly authorized requests from governmental authorities as required by law, or in circumstances in which we believe disclosure is necessary or reasonably appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others. Please note that Laserfiche is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
3. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Do-Not-Track (DNT) is a preference that can be set in your browser to notify websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. Laserfiche does not respond to DNT signals at this time. Occasionally, we may track your visits to our Site to provide targeted advertising.
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience. These cookies allow our Site to recognize your device to save preferences and settings for you, such as your session information.
We use tools such as “Google Analytics” and others to track the usage of this Site. Google Analytics collects information, which may include, but is not limited to, what pages are visited on the Site or what browser is used to view the Site. We use the information provided by Google Analytics to improve our Site and services. You may view how Google uses data when you use our Site by visiting Google’s Terms of Service located at: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you by disabling cookies on your browser.
5. Bulletin Boards and Chat Rooms
Occasionally, portions of the Site may allow you to post information that other visitors to the Site will be able to access (i.e. a “bulletin board” or interactive “chat”). If you choose to post information on a bulletin board or through a chat session, it becomes available to the public, and Laserfiche has no ability to control or limit its use. Laserfiche and its affiliates have a right to utilize any information you post through the Site in connection with the operation of its business. Laserfiche encourages you not to post any information you consider private or sensitive on the Site.
6. Your Privacy Rights: Controlling Your Personal Information (Access and Removal)
You have the right to access your personal data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer to exercise such right. Visitors of this Site may request to have their personal information removed from our database, limit the use and disclosure of such information, or withdraw previously given consent to use such information for any of the purposes stated above. We will respond to all requests for review or removal of personal information within a reasonable time.
7. California Privacy Rights – California Residents
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CALOPPA), residents of the state of California may request a list of categorized third parties to whom we may have disclosed their personal information specifically for marketing purposes, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit a written request to the email or address provided below.
8. Security Measures
We have implemented industry standard controls, intrusion detective network monitoring, and reasonable security measures to protect the personal information that you submit through the Services and Site. These measures include physical access controls, access authorization controls, and firewalls. We also periodically review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration or other destruction of information we collect. When accessing secure sections of the Site, we use Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption to secure the communication of information passing between your browser and our servers. Additionally, only authorized administrators, Laserfiche employees and third-party contractors have access to systems containing such information. Please note that Laserfiche is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
9. Privacy of Children
We do not market products or services to children, and we do not knowingly collect or accept their personal information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a minor, please contact the Data Protection Officer at the e-mail address below.
The English language version of this Policy and any notice or other document relating to this Policy shall prevail if there is a conflict except where the document is a constitutional, statutory or other official document.
12. Contact Us
Compulink Management Center, Inc. d/b/a Laserfiche
ATTN: Data Protection Officer
3545 Long Beach Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90807