Laserfiche Congratulates the 2019 Top Digital Cities
The Center for Digital Government and the National League of Cities recently announced the results of the 2019 Digital Cities Survey — and Laserfiche is excited to announce that customers have been recognized in each of the five population classifications once again.
The 2019 Digital Cities Survey, conducted by CDG (in partnership with NLC), evaluates and recognizes cities using technology to tackle social challenges, enhance services, strengthen cybersecurity and more.
These cities represent organizations that are redefining the role of IT in the public sector. Their forward-thinking initiatives — from innovative public/private partnerships to implementing artificial intelligence and machine learning tools — are proactively making their communities more secure, user-friendly, efficient and resilient.
Now in its 19th year, the Digital Cities Survey gives municipalities the opportunity to showcase how they align technology with organizational goals. In an article about the survey, CDG points out that IT leaders in winning cities are continuously looking at ways to make government more efficient, more effective and more responsive to citizen needs.
Survey results reveal the top 10 technologies and initiatives, which are likely to have an increased focus in the next year:
- Citizen Experience/E-Service Provision
- Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations
- Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Hire and Retain Competent IT Personnel
- Data Governance
- Increased Agency Department/IT Collaboration
- Infrastructure Modernization
- Cloud Computing
- Mobility: Mobile Applications
As part of this year’s survey, there are figures that reveal innovative initiatives and emerging technologies implemented by Top Digital Cities:
- 82% Innovative Cross-Department Business/Technology Collaboration (up 19%)
- 80% Drones (up 31%)
- 56% Internet of Things (IoT)/Edge Computing (up 15%)
- 55% Innovation Management and Testbeds (includes public/private partnerships) (up 22%)
- 43% Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (up 23%)
- 17% Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (up 7%)
- 4% Blockchain (same)
Laserfiche congratulates this year’s Top Digital Cities for demonstrating the effective role technology plays in revolutionizing citizen services and in establishing strategic partnerships to achieve success.
Click here to read the full announcement.
Interested in learning more about the latest developments in automation technology for the workplace?
Download the Guide to Robotic Process Automation to learn how RPA can work alongside your team to improve daily business operations.