Laserfiche Congratulates the Top Digital Cities
The Center for Digital Government (CDG) recently announced the results of the 2020 Digital Cities Survey — and Laserfiche is excited to congratulate government customers recognized in each of the five population classifications once again.
The 2020 Digital Cities Survey, conducted by CDG, this year evaluated and recognized cities using technology to tackle response to the pandemic while continuing strategic initiatives to enhance services.
These cities represent organizations that are redefining the role of IT in the public sector. Their forward-thinking initiatives are proactively making their communities more secure, resilient and effective.
Now in its 20th year, the Digital Cities Survey gives municipalities the opportunity to showcase how they align technology with organizational goals. In an article about the survey, CDG points out that IT leaders in winning cities are using technology to better serve their citizens despite new challenges created by the pandemic.
Survey results reveal the top 10 technologies and initiatives, which are likely to have an increased focus in the next year:
- Cybersecurity (No. 1 for six years consecutively)
- Budget and Cost Control
- Citizen Engagement/Experience
- Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations
- Business Process Automation
- Infrastructure Modernization
- Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Data Governance: Transparency, Open Data
- Networks: Broadband, Connectivity, Addressing Digital Divide
- Hire/Nurture/Retain Competent IT Personnel
As part of this year’s survey, the following percentages of respondents identified these challenges as the most pressing when responding to COVID-19:
- 87% – telecommuting and work-from-home policies
- 73% – access to supplies, such as IT hardware/equipment for remote work
- 73% – impact on revenues
- 69% – remote workforce management
- 66% – cultural changes
At the same time, the 2020 Digital Cities Survey revealed innovative initiatives and emerging technologies implemented:
- 86% – innovative cross-department business/technology collaboration (up 4%)
- 77% – internet of things (IoT)/edge computing (up 21%)
- 75% – drones – applications
- 49% – artificial intelligence (up 6%)
- 5% – blockchain (up 1%)
As a proud supporter of the Digital Cities Survey for over a decade, Laserfiche congratulates this year’s Top Digital Cities for demonstrating the effective role technology plays in modernizing the government experience in the next normal.
Click here to read the full announcement.
Want to gain insights on modernizing service delivery? Read the Center for Digital Government publishable report: “The Way Forward: Insights for Government Leaders on Modernizing Service Delivery” to understand why technology plays a critical role in generating cost savings, continuing operations and meeting growing constituent demands.