Laserfiche Government Leadership Symposium Highlights
Laserfiche hosted its inaugural Government Leadership Symposium where attendees had the opportunity to learn from government technology and business leaders on the current technology landscape reshaping the public sector. The daylong event featured jam-packed sessions designed to help government professionals obtain valuable perspectives on driving organizational growth using innovative technology.
Nine esteemed speakers shared the latest in civic innovation, which gave government professionals actionable insights on driving digital transformation for their organizations.
Here are three major highlights covered at the Government Leadership Symposium:
1. Strategic Visioning: Mobilizing and Connecting a Collaborative Workforce
The strategic advisor and general manager of business strategy at the County of Los Angeles Internal Services Department shared technology trends changing the future of work as well as a three-phase approach to digital transformation: people, process, technology.
Recently, the County has taken initiatives to mobilize its workforce and incentivize innovation with pilot programs such as teleworking and the “Agile Shark Tank” event. The key takeaway for government organizations is to be people-centric as they transform the way they work to better service their employees and their constituents.
2. Beyond the Hype: Making Smart Government a Reality
Chief information officers from the cities of Pasadena, Santa Monica, Long Beach and Burbank gathered to share what a “Smart City” initiative means to them and why technology played a critical role in creating a 21st century government. Each of the esteemed government IT leaders demonstrated their approach and strategic framework that helped them go beyond the hype. During this exciting discussion, the CIOs elucidated the importance of collaborating with IT departments when tackling projects designed to enhance the citizen experience.
3. Tech Talk: Innovative Government Solutions
In this TED Talk-style presentation, government technology leaders shared and demonstrated digital solutions in the face of complex processes.
- The deputy CIO from Collin County, Texas, shared why the organization received the 2019 Run Smarter Social Impact Award in using Laserfiche Forms to automate critical mental screening, enabling problems to be identified and addressed early.
- The director of ITS from Tompkins County, New York, presented on the organization’s successful records management program, which saved the county an estimated $5.5 million and how it onboarded the county’s municipalities onto the same system using a shared service model.
- The CIO of Cabarrus County, North Carolina, and Laserfiche Government Industry Innovator of the Year recipient, demonstrated how the organization elevated the employee experience with conversational bots. Using a human-centered design approach, the county built an engaging, guiding and natural tool to transform a previously hard-to-navigate forms process.
The Laserfiche Government Leadership Symposium offered opportunities to exchange technology ideas with industry leaders and practical insights for enabling business growth.
Excited to be part of this exclusive gathering next year? Submit an RSVP for the 2021 Industry Leadership Symposiums and be notified as soon as the details are ready.
Learn how agencies across the U.S. are combining lean management principles with enterprise content management (ECM) software to improve efficiency in this whitepaper.