Laserfiche 8.3 Takes Transactional Content Management to New Level
2 min read
LONG BEACH, CA (Laserfiche)—November 30, 2011—Delivering on its commitment to help customers grow the value of their enterprise content management (ECM) investment, Laserfiche today announced the immediate availability of Laserfiche 8.3.
The new release spans various lines of business, helping organizations improve information governance and automate transactional processes such as accounts payable processing, case management, contract management and HR onboarding, among others.
“We are committed to providing product enhancements that improve the way organizations do business. Over the past year, our customers have begun automating more and more complex business processes, and we developed Laserfiche 8.3 to respond to their needs,” said Tom Wayman, Vice President of Product Strategy at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche 8.3 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- New Workflow activities that improve productivity. With Laserfiche, organizations quickly automate transactional processes by dragging and dropping pre-built workflow activities onto a graphical canvas.
- Database activities automate the process of retrieving and updating information from third-party databases, simplifying integration.
- PDF activities add immediate value to the product suite by enabling Laserfiche administrators to automatically import PDF forms into Laserfiche, retrieve information from PDF fields and map them to Laserfiche fields.
- More than 60 built-in workflow activities make it easier than ever to customize workflow configuration to the unique needs of each organization and line of business.
- Digital signatures that simplify information governance. Digital signatures in Laserfiche 8.3 are validated with signing certificates on the server, so users know that a signature is trustworthy. Digital signatures can also prompt Workflow activities that guide documents through the approval process.
- A new Web Administration Console that improves deployment flexibility. Laserfiche 8.3 offers an easy way for administrators to securely access the administrative functions of the repository from anywhere—including remote sites, client computers and even mobile devices—making administration more flexible than ever.
“The advanced business process management capabilities and administration tools in Laserfiche 8.3 enable organizations of all sizes to rapidly implement a wide variety of transactional content management solutions,” said Wayman. “Laserfiche 8.3 is an infrastructure deployment that enables our customers to use ECM as a foundation for delivering shared services across the enterprise.”
Learn More about Laserfiche 8.3:
Since 1987, Laserfiche has used its Run Smarter® philosophy to create simple and elegant enterprise content management (ECM) solutions. More than 30,000 organizations worldwide—including federal, state and local government agencies and Fortune 1000 companies—use Laserfiche® software to streamline document, records and business process management.
The Laserfiche ECM system is designed to give IT managers central control over their information infrastructure while still offering business units the flexibility to react quickly to changing conditions. The Laserfiche product suite is built on top of Microsoft® technologies to simplify system administration, supports the Microsoft SQL platform and features a seamless integration with Microsoft Office® applications and a two-way integration with SharePoint®.
Laserfiche distributes its software through a worldwide network of value-added resellers (VARs), who tailor solutions to clients’ individual needs. The Laserfiche VAR program has received the Five-Star Rating from Computer Reseller News/VARBusiness magazine.
Laserfiche®, Run Smarter® and Compulink® are registered trademarks of Compulink Management Center, Inc.