When you visit or use the Site and/or Services, we collect and retain information that you, as a customer or potential customer, provide through the Site or Services, as well as information that is automatically or passively collected from you, your device, or your browser.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, when you manage your user profile, participate in interactive features (such as the Contact Us page ), request newsletters or other marketing communications, request customer support, provide other information in connection with a job opening, enter login information, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include:
- Contact and profile information, including your name, email address, company information, postal address (including zip or postal code), and telephone number.
- Account and log-in information, including your username, password, login details, and transaction details.
- Billing information, including your payment instrument number (e.g., credit card or debit card number), expiration date, security code as necessary to process any payments, and transaction details (if applicable).
- Correspondence, for example, reporting a problem or submitting queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content.
- Job application information, including your resume and related data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, including your employment history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
- Any other content or information you choose to provide, including photos you may upload.
If you post information on the Site, including on a bulletin board, in a chat room, or community forum, it becomes generally available to the public. Laserfiche does not control or limit the use by visitors of the Site. By posting information on the Site, you understand that Laserfiche may use the information in connection with its business. Therefore, you should not post any information you consider private or sensitive.
Information We May Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information for business and commercial purposes about your device and how your device interacts with our Site and the Services. We may use service providers to collect this information. Some examples of information we automatically collect include the following:
Information about your visits to the Site and use of the Services, the resources you access, any data you download, and information related to the ways in which you interact with the Site or the Services.
IP addresses, including the general information in such address, such as city, state and zip or postal code, your device’s regional settings, unique device identifiers, other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, and browser language.
Referral pages and links, URLs, number of clicks, pages viewed, how long you’re on a page, your search queries, and results.
Information about your device, computer and/or browser you use, as well as the device’s operating system, such as device hardware model, operating system version, or mobile network information.
Non-precise location data, including your device’s location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or zip or postal code.
We use various technologies to collect this information (“Tracking Technologies”), as further discussed below under the “Cookies, Other Tracking Technologies, Interest-Based Advertising, And Choices Regarding the Same” heading.
Information We Collect from Customers
We provide products and services for our customers and collect and process information about individuals (including through Tracking Technologies) at the direction of and on behalf of our customers (“Customer Data“). Customer Data has historically included contact data, demographic data, content, service use data, device connectivity and configuration data, and non-precise location data, among other information. Our processing of Customer Data is governed by the terms of our Cloud Subscription Agreement with each customer. To the extent we combine Customer Data with information we have collected about you through the Site, we will treat the combined information in accordance with the practices described in this Notice, plus any additional restrictions imposed by our customers. We are not responsible for how our customers treat the information we collect on their behalf as a processor or service provider, and we recommend you review each customer’s own privacy notice. For more information on your rights and choices regarding Customer Data, please see the “Your Privacy Rights” heading below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may obtain information from other third-party sources that we combine with information collected through the Site. These third-party sources vary over time, but include:
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you reference our Service or grant permission to Laserfiche to access your data on one or more of these social networks.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly available sources, such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.