Empower 2018 is the premier enterprise content management conference and networking event – and it’s right around the corner. Each year, thousands of professionals from a wide range of industries join us in Long Beach, CA for our annual event. These customers spend their week learning about new Laserfiche features and deepening their knowledge of the software. There are many ways to make the most of your Empower experience: hands-on labs, customer-led classes, government panel sessions, and special events.
Below, we have curated 6 courses that are suited for public sector professionals attending Empower 2018.
1. Optimizing Citizen Services with a Digital Roadmap
To provide quality public service, governments must have information at their fingertips in order to instantly answer citizen inquiries and requests. They also must minimize manual, repetitive tasks – like finding, filing and indexing records – so they can focus more time on addressing the needs of the public. Find out how three government agencies were able to:
- Ensure records are secure and can meet industry standards using built-in tools for records management
- Identify and implement automated workflow solutions that both IT staff and change-resistant employees can agree upon
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to improve public service delivery
- Beverly Strickland, Laserfiche Administrator, North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality
- Brett Scott, IT Director, Alabama Real Estate Commission
- Bill Jobes, CEO, Jobes Technology Solutions
Audience: Business Analyst, Business Professional, Manager, Process Designer, Records Manager
When: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 2:45 PM, Room 103AB
2. Women in Tech: Leadership in the Public Sector
Women make up more than half of the U.S. population, yet there is an imbalance in leadership positions. According to a recent Pew Research Center survey on women and leadership, most Americans find women indistinguishable from men on key leadership traits such as intelligence and capacity for innovation, with many saying women are stronger than men in terms of being compassionate and organized leaders. In this session, our expert panelists will explore the following areas:
- Why women are in short supply at the top of government in the United States
- How to create greater education and understanding on this issue
- What can be done to eliminate the gap
- Jeanne Holm, Deputy CIO, City of Los Angeles, CA
- Lea Deesing, Chief Innovation Officer, City of Riverside, CA
- Cindy Shrum, Information Systems Manager, Alabama Department of Mental Health
Audience: Business Professional, Executive, IT Professional, Manager
When: Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 2:45 PM, Room 103AB
3. Brew Up Better Meetings with the Lean Coffee Method
Tired of wasting time in long, drawn-out meetings? Are you ready to finally have a productive meeting where everyone is fully engaged and participating? Are you ready for a fun new meeting format? The Lean Coffee method is all about collaboration and simplicity. In this workshop, we will cover what tools are necessary for conducting a Lean Coffee meeting and how it works. But most importantly, we will all have a Lean Coffee meeting together, followed by a retrospective to discuss the upsides, downsides, and how this meeting format can fit in at your organization.
Speaker: Tim Nolan, Applications Manager, Collin County
Audience: Business Professional, Manager
When: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 11:00 AM, Room S7
4. How to Create a Laserfiche Training Plan for Your Organization
Help your Laserfiche implementation reach its full potential with an outstanding training plan for your organization. In this session, Laserfiche training expert Sonya Finley will share how she developed a training plan and supporting documentation for on-boarding new staff to Laserfiche to enable better program use, user buy-in and increased innovation.
Speaker: Sonya Finley, Records & Information Manager, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
Audience: Business Professional, Manager
When: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 11:00 AM, Room 102AB
5. Live Long and Process—Tips for Planning & Designing Your Automation Project
Automation can be overwhelming for those who are just starting out—you might not know where to begin or whether or not you’re on the right track. This class will help you break down your project into manageable steps. You’ll learn how to:
- Analyze your process using a list of key questions to determine the requirements
- Build a plan to streamline your process and help avoid common mistakes
- Choose the right tools based on your specific needs
Speaker: Michael Wells, Desktop Services Manager, Chesterfield County
Audience: Business Professional, Process Designer
When: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 1:30 PM, Room 102AB
6. Public Records Law: Balancing Transparency and Compliance with Laserfiche
Information transparency and regulatory compliance are two vital concerns for records and information managers, particularly within the public sector. However, empowering people with access to information while trying to protect confidential data can prove difficult. Find out how you can use the tools available in Laserfiche to strike the perfect balance.
In this session, you will learn:
- Considerations for setting up your repository for easy public access
- What types of permissions are available and how they affect access to the data by the public and other users
- How to establish the right level of control with the tools that are available in Windows and Laserfiche
- Tips for collaborating with IT to explore all the available options and ensure that resources within Laserfiche are being fully utilized
Speaker: Barbara Brooke-Reese, MIS Manager, City of Sebastian
Audience: Business Analyst, Business Professional, Manager, Records Manager
When: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 9:45 AM, Room 102AB
Attendees may sign-up now for classes using the Empower schedule builder. Sign up for these public sector classes today!
If you haven’t registered for Empower, there’s still time!