LONG BEACH, CA (Laserfiche) Dec. 19, 2008—Laserfiche announced today that it has expanded its services and is a founding member of the Independent Advisor Technology Forum (IATF), a consortium of experienced technology providers helping newly independent financial advisors set up their businesses.
“The recent turmoil on Wall Street has impacted the financial advisor industry substantially and as many leave their firms in the wake of this year’s economic conditions they are beginning to form their own independent advisory firms,” said Laserfiche President and CEO Nien-Ling Wacker. “We will work closely with other advisors to help registered investment advisors (RIAs) address their key technological needs. IATF will provide them with document management solutions and best practices, as well as the technology tools they need for investment and financial planning services.”
In a recent survey by Schwab Institutional, a leading custodian to RIAs, 51% of advisors who recently turned independent said one of their biggest challenges was choosing technology for their new practice. IATF will facilitate interaction among independent advisors and exchange ideas on key aspects regarding software, hardware, and other technology components purchases to complete their back offices. Currently, there are more than 18,000 established RIAs in the United States.
- Laserfiche—Founding member, provides document management and enterprise content management solutions and products.
- Junxure—Provides customer relationship management and office management services.
- Black Diamond Performance Reporting—Specializes in portfolio accounting and performance reporting.
- IPS AdvisorPro—Focused on investment policy statements and asset allocation.
- Laser App—A software provider that combines state of the art form filling technology with a massive library of industry-related forms.
- Nexus Strategy, LLC—Provides strategic, technology, and marketing consulting services.
To learn more about the online Independent Advisor Technology Forum, please visit the official Website at www.iatechforum.com.