Identity Theft: The Fastest Growing Crime in the U.S.
2 min read
Long Beach, CA –July 16, 2008 – According to a U.S. Federal Trade Commission report, identity theft due to personal data found in online and shared documents is the fastest growing crime in the U.S. Over 800,000 fraud and identity theft complaints were received by the Federal Trade Commission in 2007. Exposure to these records puts people’s security at risk. Therefore, Extract Systems and Laserfiche, a best-in-class document management software company, have joined together to provide ID Shield, a powerful and cost effective redaction tool that helps streamline the process of securing sensitive data in electronic documents.
ID Shield for Laserfiche brings the power of Extract Systems’ redaction technology to documents stored in the Laserfiche information repository. Whether you need to redact millions of existing documents, a handful of documents on an ongoing basis, or every document added to the repository, ID Shield protects sensitive data.
“ID Shield will serve as an extra tool to help ensure the security our customers need to address identity theft and other security issues. We welcome them as a Professional Developer Partnership (PDP) program member,” said Alex Wilson, Laserfiche Manager of the PDP program.
“We would like to help Laserfiche’s customers fight identity theft. This partnership will help us reach those organizations that are concerned with securing data including government, healthcare, and the financial sectors.” said Extract Systems’ Vice President, Mark Miller.
- Locate and redact precisely the data selected, from anywhere on the document, with powerful rules-based technology.
- Accurately redact any type of data including Social Security numbers, drivers’ license numbers, dates of birth, addresses, signature blocks and fingerprints.
- Use the same powerful rules-based redaction technology whether you have 20 documents or 20 million documents to redact.
- Redact large sets of documents on one or multiple servers with Background Redaction.
- Redact a small number of selected documents with On-Demand Redaction.
- Redact structured, semi-structured and unstructured documents.
- Verify redacted documents before processing to ensure the highest accuracy.
- Automatically redact at the touch of a button, without leaving Laserfiche.
About Extract Systems
Founded in 1998, Extract Systems’ (www.extractsystems.com) automated data capture and redaction technologies dramatically reduce manual data entry costs without outsourcing, allowing government and businesses to comply with privacy legislation and protect citizens from identity theft. Its productivity solutions are deployed at more than 400 customer and partner sites across North America.
Laserfiche (www.laserfiche.com) creates simple and elegant document management solutions that help organizations run smarter. Since 1987, Laserfiche has helped more than 25,000 organizations—including state and local governments, financial services firms and healthcare providers —optimize business processes and reduce operating costs.
Launched in 2007, the Laserfiche Professional Developer Partnership (PDP) program provides the tools needed to integrate software applications with the leading document management solution. From comprehensive development tools to ongoing sales support, Laserfiche has designed its PDP program to provide software developers, resellers and integrators with the resources they need to successfully develop, complete and market integrations with Laserfiche.
Francine Marlenee, Laserfiche, 562.988.1688 x211, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Miller, Extract Systems, 877.778.2543, email@example.com