Empower 2018 is the premier ECM industry conference. Taking place in Long Beach, CA from January 9-12, 2018, Empower is an education and networking opportunity for Laserfiche customers. The class schedule includes 250+ courses designed to help Laserfiche users to realize the impact that document management software can have for their organization. These educational sessions and hands-on labs are taught by industry experts, Laserfiche employees, and customers.
These instructors have put together lessons designed to provide visionary instruction on how to transform your office into a digital workplace. Attendees can also choose from industry-specific classes to fine-tune business processes for finance, education, government and other industries. Our scheduler allows you to create your own agenda — test drive new Laserfiche features in the Product Training track or learn to drive change with courses in the Organizational Leadership track.
Below, we highlight 6 classes you won’t want to miss during Empower 2018.
1. Laserfiche in Action Across Jurisdictions: Best Practices in Going Enterprise-Wide
Intertrust Group is a global leader in the trust and corporate services sector that provides a broad range of administrative services to clients all over the globe. Prior to Laserfiche, the company spent countless hours retrieving information from multiple servers and drives and trying to standardize information across jurisdictions. Since implementing, they have used Laserfiche to go digital, saving floors of office and cabinet space and making it easier to manage millions of files. Join this session to learn how they:
- Standardize document storage in their offices across the globe for easy search and retrieval
- Continuously expand their Laserfiche environment to incorporate additional companies within their group and integrate with existing line-of-business software
Speaker: David Humphrey, Global Applications Manager, Intertrust Group
Audience: Business Analyst, Business Professional , Manager, New User
When: Thursday, January 11, 2018; 2:45 PM Room 103C
2. Digitizing the Fight against Poverty: Streamlining Governmental Social Services
The DESAF is a part of Costa Rica’s Ministry of Labor and Social Security. This organization functions as the main financial instrument in the country’s effort to alleviate poverty by administering the Fund for Social Development and Family Allowances. Before adapting Laserfiche software, they faced the challenge of maintaining and updating a large number of physical files. Expensive manual processes, for example, employer notification, were largely inefficient for customers. The DESAF has benefitted from 47.5 times their initial investment in the document management solution and streamlined business processes throughout the organization. This class will highlight how they:
- Digitized the entire Department of Collection Management containing 32,000+ employer files
- Simplified the debt prescription process and reduced wait time by 50% on average
- Boosted efficiency in reporting applications and in preparing monthly log reports
Speaker: Roberto Delgado Castro, Debt Control Analyst, DESAF
Audience: Business Analyst, Business Professional, Manager, New User
When: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 9:45 AM; Room 103C
3. Women in Tech: Leadership in the Public Sector
Women constitute more than half of the United States population, yet they are notable underrepresented in positions of power. A recent Pew Research Center survey on women and leadership round that most Americans find women indistinguishable from men on key leadership traits like innovativeness and intelligence. Many survey participants found women to be stronger than men in terms of traits like compassion and organization. In this session, a panel of experts will discuss the following topics:
- Reasons for the short supply of women in the top of government in the U.S.
- Ideas on how to promote additional education and understanding on gender imbalance issues
- Tactics for eliminating the gender gap
- Jeanne Holm, Deputy CIO, City of Los Angeles, CA
- Lea Deesing, Chief Innovation Officer, City of Riverside, CA
- Cindy Shrum, Information Systems Manager, Alabama Department of Mental Health
Audience: Business Professional, Executive, IT Professional, Manager
When: Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 2:45 PM; Room 103AB
4. End-to-End Process Automation: Taking Command of the Account Opening Process
This class showcases a business process automation use case for First Command Financial Services, a company based in Fort Worth, Texas. The organization transformed their new account setup process using Laserfiche – a process that used to take days is now finished in minutes. The company’s System Engineer will reveal how they integrated Laserfiche with their in-house systems and worked with vendors to achieve maximum efficiency with end-to-end business process automation. Join this class to learn more about:
- Removing roadblocks by verifying the accuracy of critical information before it is submitted
- Integrating seamlessly with third-party applications to cut down on processing time
- Integrating e-signatures into electronic forms with DocuSign in order to enable complete digitization of the account onboarding process
- Employing the Agile method to amplify team collaboration and facilitate better opportunities during project development
Speaker: Jamie Pickering, System Engineer, First Command Financial Services, Inc.
Audience: Business Analyst, Business Professional, Manager, Process Designer
When: Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 11:00 AM; Room 103AB
5. The Shortcut to Success: Automatically Processing Thousands of Documents in One Day
Join this session to see how ReeceNichols, a real estate agency based in Kansas City, KS, uses Laserfiche. The organization sought a solution to centralize and streamline the handling of thousands of documents associated with real estate transactions. This use case will show how the company leverage Laserfiche to manage the influx of paperwork and keep their files up-to-date. You’ll learn how they:
- Use Laserfiche Workflow to automatically index and organize incoming paperwork
- Dynamically deliver document shortcuts to the proper branch office
- Update document metadata by integrating with their Long Wolf Accounting Database
- Reduced data entry errors by 90%
- Saved 3,000 work hours per year
Speaker: Bruce Van Buskirk, Director of IT, ReeceNichols Realtors
Audience: Business Analyst, Business Professional, Manager, New User, Process Designer
When: Thursday, January 11, 2018, 4:00 PM; Room 103AB
6. Lending a Helping Hand: Better Case Management for Better Care
Learning ARTS is a California-based company that helps families who are affected by autism by providing health and education development programs. This session explores how they leveraged Laserfiche Workflow and Forms to streamline the way that they manage cases. The organization was able to quadruple their caseload while simultaneously improving the quality of care to clients. Learn how they used Laserfiche to process over 60,000 educational and medical records per month and doubled staff retention rates with improved training. They will be highlighting how they:
- Improved care by gathering electronic data to make smarter, better-informed decisions
- Fostered the use of technology with both internal staff and external clients
- Developed a document management solution to strategically integrate with other software
Speaker: Dr. William Brandon, CEO, Learning ARTS
Audience: Business Analyst, Business Professional, Manager, Process Designer
When: Thursday, January 11, 2019, 9:45 am; Room Seaside B
The entire class schedule for Empower is available here! Learn about other classes and build your own schedule for the conference.
You can still register for Empower 2018!