Empower 2014 attracted more than 2,000 Laserfiche customers, resellers, industry analysts and members of the press for a three-and-a-half-day whirlwind of product announcements, keynote sessions, awards ceremonies, parties and educational classes and labs.
According to John Telford from the City of Chowchilla, CA, “We didn’t realize we could automate almost everything until we came to Empower 2014.”
Few know the value of automation better than Adam Galvan Jr., Technology Director at Edgewood Independent School District and the first recipient of the Tom Wayman Leadership Award. Galvan, who has implemented more than 200 electronic forms and workflows across 18 departments and 20 campuses, said, “When I came to Edgewood ISD, Laserfiche was only used for HR. Look what we’re doing with it now!”
Success Inspires Success
In fact, many of the successes outlined during the customer presentations were inspired by lessons learned at past Empower Conferences:
- Doug Miller, Operations Manager at Canadian Seed Growers Association, said, “After the first day of Empower 2013, I was a Laserfiche believer, and then a dreamer.” He went on to build more than 50 workflows that have revolutionized the way his organization does business.
- John Barragan, COO at Girard Securities, Inc., said during his keynote address, “I saw automation for the first time at Empower 2013, and the light bulb came on… We knew we could use Laserfiche Rio to automate our entire operation across the whole U.S.”
- Faz Kiatkwankul, Senior IT Analyst for the City of Newport Beach, CA, said, “A year ago I was here at Empower 2013 learning how to use Laserfiche Quick Fields and Workflow, and now I have a success story to share with you!”
New Avenues for Sharing Knowledge
The knowledge sharing at Empower 2014 extended beyond the classroom. As Devin Goble from Jackson County, OR, tweeted, “I can’t say enough good stuff about the Info Center. Nowhere else can you find so much brilliance in one room.”
The Info Center provided a place for conference attendees to meet with software developers and presales engineers one-on-one to get answers to their most pressing questions. Laserfiche Answers, the new online Q&A community that Laserfiche CTO Karl Chan announced during his keynote session, also saw lots of action—as did the dance floor at Wednesday’s energizing Special Event!
Whether you made it to Empower 2014 or not, take advantage of these resources to extend your skillset and get more value from your Laserfiche system:
- PowerPoint presentations from Empower 2014. (Support Site log-in required; presentations will continue to be added over the next two weeks.)
- Video of Karl Chan’s keynote session.
- Highlights from Chan’s keynote session.
- Laserfiche product roadmap announcement.
- Highlights from the customer keynotes.
- Slideshare featuring the Laserfiche Run Smarter® award winners.
- Overview of Empower 2014 on Twitter.
You can also see all of the pictures from the event over on the Laserfiche Facebook page. Be sure to like us and be one of the first to hear about our upcoming social competitions!